Subscribe via email!

Enter your email address and click "subscribe" to get an email when we update!

Please also add yourself as a "follower" at the bottom of the page!

Friday, December 2, 2011

Camping and Cheering for our Packers

(Post by Tracy)

Hey, dudes. November was a great month full of fantastic weekends for me and Tom. So great that I just couldn't interrupt its funness to update the blog with details of the funness. Therefore, allow me to travel back in time and attempt to fill you in 30 days late. Since it's the first weekend of December, I'll start with our first weekend in November.

A little back-story: I have been wanting and wanting to go camping. Unrelated, the Packers were going to be in town (well, San Diego) to play the Chargers. You see it, too, right? The ability to have a weekend where two wonderful worlds collide??

So we got Packers tickets and reserved a campsite at the San Diego Metro KOA. Mom and Dad shipped me their no-longer-being-used camping gear, and we did a trial overnight camping run in Tom's grandma's backyard in October. (What we learned: camping can be fun and romantic, and we really needed to buy better sleeping mats.)

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so with no further ado (and hopefully not too many more cliches), here is the story of our Camping-Packers weekend:

Started by packing up all the essentials.


Don't you think Tom's "Ok, now look excited!" look has really come a long way since we started documenting life on our blog?

Some day I'm going to do a post filled with just those pictures... Heh, heh, heh...


My personal motto: Be prepared. Be very, overly, unnecessarily prepared.

Who did you think the Boy Scouts learned it from, anyway?




Our sweet home for the night. Fellow Packers fans a campsite over lent us some lighter fluid, and we were set.

(And no, don't think I hadn't thought of that in my preparations!
It just apparently isn't readily sold at Target, the grocery store, or the sporting goods store.
Seriously, where does one find that stuff?)


After we cooked hot dogs, cracked open a few brewskies, and polished off a few s'mores, we had fun playing around with the settings on the camera.
I'm sparing you by only including the best few photos.

After all, I still remember what Jennifer told me after my trip to France with my first digital camera:
"Just because you can take a million pictures doesn't mean you should..."

Oooh...


Aaah...





A lot of firewood later, it was time for bed.


Morning! Breakfast!


And after packing up our tent, onward to the game!





The game was awesome. There were SO many Packers fans there. This dude was absolutely loving everything. He had a Packers tattoo on his calf, and I wish I could remember specifically what it was - something fabulous. For now let's just imagine it was a tat of Aaron Rodgers' face. Actually, it just might have been...


And even though I think a lot of these Packers fans were California-dwellers (like me and Tom), I could tell they were real Green Bay-ers in their hearts - because it was cold and rained for 3 complete quarters. A beautiful day for football - in Wisconsin.
Notice how this guy doesn't mind at all.
(Perhaps because of how much beer he had. Which would still prove my point.)


After our victory.


Ready to change into some drier clothes.


And head home, listening to the post-game show on the radio, during which the announcers (no joke) lauded all of the Green Bay fans for what gracious opponents they are... And playfully made fun of us for being Cheeseheads.



1 comment:

  1. I am appreciative of this blog's ability to provide information on such an important subject. I discovered other segments here, and I'm excited to put these new instructions to use.
    https://www.airbnb.ae/rooms/47911894?source_impression_id=p3_1625727878_v%2BHrFZiaLv%2BBu41y&guests=1&adults=1

    ReplyDelete